- It is used to create fast and dynamic webpages.
- It provides the facility to update parts of a web page, without reloading the whole page.
- Its applications are browser and platform independent.
Applications using Ajax
- Google search engine.
- Google Maps.
- Facebook tabs.
Advantages of Ajax
- Ajax helps to improve user interaction with application.
- Ajax allows data buffering, which increases the speed of the application and reduces the wait time for the user.
- Refreshing the page is not necessary in Ajax which improves the bandwidth of an application.
- Dynamic filtering is possible using Ajax.
- Ajax supports execution of long time queries.
- The web page cannot connect with the browser history engine, if the data and format is not specific.