Infrastructure of Cloud Computing
- Cloud infrastructure means the hardware and software components.
- These components are server, storage, networking and virtualization software.
- These components are required to support the computing requirements of a cloud computing model.
Components of Cloud infrastructure
2) Management Software
- Hypervisor is a firmware or low-level program. It acts as a Virtual Machine Manager.
- It enables to share a physical instance of cloud resources between several customers.
3) Deployment Software
- Management software assists to maintain and configure the infrastructure.
- Deployment software assists to deploy and integrate the application on the cloud.
- Network is the key component of the cloud infrastructure.
- It enables to connect cloud services over the Internet.
- The customer can customize the network route and protocol i.e possible to deliver network as a utility over the Internet.
- The server assists to compute the resource sharing and offers other services like resource allocation and deallocation, monitoring the resources, provide the security etc.
- Cloud keeps many copies of storage. Using these copies of resources, it extracts another resource if any one of the resources fails.
Infrastructural ConstraintsFollowing are the basic constraints:
- Intelligent Monitoring
- In a Cloud environment, virtualization is the key to share the resources.
- It is impossible to satisfy the demand with single resource or server. Hence, there should be transparency in resources, load balancing and application, so that we can scale the resources on demand.
- Scaling up an application is easy but scaling up an application delivery solution is not easy, because it includes configuration overhead or even rearchitecting the network.
- Hence, application delivery is required to be scalable that need the virtual infrastructure so that, resources are provisioned and de-provisioned easily.
- Application solution delivery is required to be capable of intelligent monitoring to achieve transparency and scalability.
- In security, the mega data center in the cloud must be securely architected.
- The control node, an entry point in mega data center also requires to be secure.