Internet was created for making human life easier and to bridge the gap. It was meant to make communication easier, to spread knowledge with ease and speed. Flash-forward to present time and we have information travelling at lightning speed.
And, with the fast paced growth in technology and Internet is increasing the inclination of selection panel on Group Discussion topics on Internet
and related things.
In this guide, we get you a whole list of Group Discussion topics on Internet
, you can expect to see at your next selection process & the facts, quotes, viewpoints to deal with them.
- A study estimates that about 200 billion emails and 3 billion Google search would have to wait if the internet goes down for a day.
- With 200 million internet users between age 15-35, China has treatment camps for internet addicts.
- About 9 Million people in Britain and one-third of Italy's population have never used the internet.
- About 62% of the internet traffic is not caused by humans but by bots and malware trying to spy into your computers and phones.
- A reliable statistics show that around 1 billion dollars of revenue is generated every year through online dating websites.
- More than 30,000 websites are hacked every day by cyber criminals who use advanced software programs to find vulnerable sites.
- World Wide Web was the first ever internet website and is still running.
List of Group discussion topics on Internet, you can expect to see:
1. Fibre optics internet or Copper cable - which has more advantages?
2. KFC's internet free tents - Is it really needed?
3. Internet has more hidden disadvantages than attractive advantages.
4. Should universities ban select sites and content of the internet through their Wi-Fi connections?
5. Should internet be made inaccessible for children?
6. Should free internet be available for the rural as well as urban poor?
7. Is internet responsible for rise in obesity and depression?
8. Is internet increasingly making people socially awkward?
9. Is internet a basic need?
10. Is web surfing leading to distress and self medication?
11. Are we revealing too much about us to internet than we need to?
12. Will robots take over human beings one day?
13. Should a country have the right to block select content for its viewers?
14. Should a government be allowed to block pornography access to the users of its country?
15. Has internet made us closer to the people we love or taken far away from them?
Some quotes that can be used in the above group discussions:"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up."
- Dorothy Gambrell, Cat and Girl Volume I
"We refuse to turn off our computers, turn off our phone, log off Facebook, and just sit in silence, because in those moments we might actually have to face up to who we really are."
- Jefferson Bethke
"Only on the Internet can a person be lonely and popular at the same time."
- Allison Burnett, Undiscovered Gyrl
Pros of Internet:1. Knowledge:
All the answers to curiosity and thirst for knowledge are only a Google search away. Many are actually benefiting from this.
Miles away from home, family and friends, people are able to communicate and stay in touch. That is the biggest boon to mankind.
3. Ease of access:
Everything we need, from grocery to equipments that are not available in rural areas can be now ordered online.
Online businesses, e-commerce, work from home jobs are all possible because of the internet.
Cons of Internet:1. Cyber crime:
Lack of privacy, malware and spyware that steals personal data and uses the same against the users are biggest ever cons of internet.
China's number of internet addict is just an example. Everywhere in the world these addicts can be found wasting away.
A person in an accident, a boy being beaten to death by goons, a girl being teased - these incidents are now recorded and uploaded for likes and shares.
4. Less real interactions:
When was the last you sat down with your parents or grandparents to have a meaningful conversation without peaking into your phone every once in a while?
Internet may have both pros and cons but it cannot be ignored. It is there to stay and succeed beyond imaginations. All we could do is concentrate on utilising it only within limits.
We hope that you find all this information useful in dealing with your any Group Discussion topic that revolves around Internet.