Online gaming caught up youth and adults in their phenomenal lure that took video gaming to a whole new level. It takes a toll on work and health. It gets you addicted, makes you a couch sloth, and soon you are ignoring shower, healthy eating and seeing the sun altogether. Yet, it is a successfully growing industry.
Here are some facts, quotes, arguments that you can refer to while preparing for Group Discussions on Online games
. Also find a list of various GD topics related to Online Games you can expect to see.
Some facts about Online Games:
- The value of the online gaming market has gone far too higher in the past 10 years and touched the worth of around $41.4 billion at the end of 2015.
- Studies show than about 33% of adults play online games with the children at least once a week and are hooked to it.
- The sales of gaming apps and software have increased from $9 billion in 2008 to $24 billion by 2012. It is estimated to go more than $40 billion by the end of 2017.
- 52 per cent of online gamers are women. 58% of the online gamers are above the age of 40.
- Among all kinds of online gaming trends, the online gambling sector is worth more than £2 billion in the UK alone.
- The ratings of the games on Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) should be used to determine if the games are appropriate for your child or not.
- Studies show that games can have educational values as well. It improves thinking ability and makes children more open to ideas and innovations.
Group discussion topics on Online Games, you can expect to see:
1. Should e-sports be introduced at Olympics?
2. Should children be allowed to play online games without adult supervision?
3. Pros and cons of online gaming.
4. Is online gaming making people obese?
5. Online gamers are socially awkward - for or against?
6. Online gaming should be age sensitive.
7. Violent video games should be banned.
8. Online games like blue whales can victimise younger generation easily.
9. Online games are excellent mental exercise.
10. Online gaming encouraged cryptocurrency.
11. Online games are full of sexism and violence.
12. Online gaming should be regulated by laws.
13. Online gaming with money can leave you broke.
14. Can one earn by playing online games?
Some quotes that can be used in the Group Discussion on Online Games:"By gaming we lose both our time and treasure: two things most precious to the life of man."
- Owen Feltham
"Some people say video games rot your brain, but I think they work different muscles that maybe you don't normally use."
- Ezra Koenig
Pros of playing Online Games:1. Mental exercise:
The top ones are not that easy as it may seem. They require some serious thinking and motor coordination.
2. For disabled:
It is bliss for disabled who cannot play outdoor games to be able to enjoy football or cricket online.
It is an excellent choice for killing time; makes one feel good and hence no depression.
Contrary to what people say, online gaming has some skills to teach too like quick thinking.
Cons of playing Online Games:1. Addiction:
It is a serious issue among young and adult online gamers; they just cannot say no later.
2. Waste of time:
Those are times that could be put to do something productive.
Is as real as it gets. Take a good look at all the couch sloths you know.
You could be investing your hard earned bucks into something that may or may not pay you back.
Online gaming is a huge industry and it is getting bigger each day. There are international e-games held which is very rewarding and encouraging for youth but there are serious disadvantages too which must be considered before getting devoted to an online game.
We hope this GD guide on Online games
helps you in getting ready for your entrance exams and placements.