We would want to think that happiness is one of the most non-controversial group discussion topics of all time. After all how hard should it be for someone to find happiness without offending someone else? But in times when trolling is a tool and when envy is strong, happiness comes with a cost.
The topics on happiness
are quite often seen in Group Discussions
. So, here we get you some interesting facts, quotes, viewpoints and a list of all the GD topics on and around happiness.
- A small part of the brain, called hippocampus, is responsible for happiness, good memories and contentment.
- A study claims that the happiest people in the world are the residents of Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands and Australia.
- Contrary to what comedians say, it is found that people in a committed relationship are at least 10% happier than singles. Good sex life = happiness.
- Healthier people are always happier than obese or those suffering from any sort of ailment.
- Workout is essential for the release of endorphins that makes the brain happier.
- Adequate sleep is necessary for staying positive and happy.
- Contrary to what most people believe, happiness is 80% in own your control.
- Foods like fish, poultry, milk, and nuts have higher levels of tryptophan which produces serotonin and induces sense of happiness.
- Having a pet increases level of happiness; having a kid not so much.
Some Group discussion topics on Happiness:
1. Happiness is a choice.
2. Money cannot buy happiness; it can buy things that bring happiness.
3. You are depressed because you tell your mind that you are unhappy.
4. Too much happiness leads to weight gain.
5. Shopping is a therapy to fight depression.
6. There is more happiness in giving than receiving.
7. Long term happiness is a continuous process that needs efforts.
8. Were our ancestors happier than us?
9. Why India ranks 112 among 155 in world happiness index?
10. More money or job satisfaction - what are job seekers looking for?
11. Happy people cheat the most.
12. Happiness is an endless conquest.
13. Happiness of opposition is directly proportional to the grief of the ruling party.
14. Key to a happy and contended life is to stop comparing with others.
15. Lifelong happiness is a myth.
16. Women are less happy at work than men.
17. Are happy people better at handling work than others?
Here are some quotes that you'll find useful in GD on Happiness "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
- Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
"The Seven Social Sins are: Wealth without work; Pleasure without conscience; Knowledge without character; Commerce without morality; Science without humanity; Worship without sacrifice; Politics without principle."
- Frederick Lewis Donaldson in Westminster Abbey, London
"It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it."
- Dale Carnegie
"If hard work is the source of happiness, then we can conclude that the main job of procrastination is to delay that happiness for excuses to kill."
- Israelmore Ayivor, The Great Hand Book of Quotes
Happiness is a choice:1. Over thinking:
Human brain tends to over think when there are troubled situations, anticipations further stresses the mind, which disrupts peace.
2. Mind over matter:
Humans are capable of overcoming difficulties if they have the willpower to conquer over every hindrance. Sadly, we give up too soon.
3. Postponing responsibilities:
Anxiety and fear of is the enemy which depresses us and we are left with no motivation to work for our happiness.
4. Positive attitude:
A task well begun is already half done. If only we could keep our calm and continue striving, happiness is not too far from reach.
Happiness is a blessing:1. Everyone wants it but not everyone gets it:
Who doesnct want to feel happy, loved, and free of stress and worries? Can everyone have that? Sadly, no.
2. Ups and downs:
Life has its way of not getting monotonous by throwing lemons and melons at intervals. It cannot be all sunshine and no rain.
Nothing lasts. Happiness can be found in small things like the first drop of rain to your first salary but that doesn't last.
4. Beyond just happiness:
Everything that we do is not dedicated towards being happy! There are roles and responsibilities that we need to fulfill and that doesn't always bring happiness.
Happiness is certainly not a myth. It can be found in everything we do only if our intention for working is to find contentment and not just success. Different people have different definitions for happiness, some seek it in travelling, others in ambition, for me it lies in giving words to thoughts.
We hope you find all this information useful in preparing for your Group Discussions on Happiness!