37. Why is it important to set the meta information? Answer:
Metadata is the data about the data or the information about the data.
We set meta information using <meta> tag for the HTML document.
This information won't be displayed anywhere and will not be visible to the user.
It will be parsable by the machine which will parse it according to the requirement.
It consists of the elements that are related to the page description, keywords, document related element.
This tag resides in the <head> section in HTML. The meta information is used by the web browser or by the search engines to rank and let the user find the pages easily.
The meta information is written as:
<meta name="description" content="Here you will get everything" />
38. What do you know about helper plug-ins?Answer:
Helper applications are programs that extend the standard functionality of a web browser.
The helper application is known as Plug-ins. Plug-ins can be used for many purposes like display match scores, display maps, scan for virus etc.
We can use <object> tag or the <embed> tag to add Plug-ins to the web pages.
Helper application includes audio, video, etc. Helper application allows easy incorporation of audio and video that is controlled by the user.
It allows the control over the volume setting and other functions like play, stop, etc.
39. What is <pre> tag in HTML?Answer:
The <pre> tag defines the pre-formatted text that is used to display the text with the fixed width and uses a predefined fonts.
It keeps both spaces and line breaks separate and show the text as it is.
This tag is displayed in a fixed-width font.
Browsers normally render <pre> text in a fixed-pitched font, with whitespace in tact, and without word wrap.
Text in a pre element
is displayed in a fixed-width
font, and it preserves
both spaces and
40. What is the use of Marquee tag in HTML? Answer:
Marquee tag is used to scroll a image or text horizontally or vertically.
It is a Container tag to create scrolling text. You can control what happens when the text reaches the edges of its content area using its attributes.
The attributes of <marquee> tag use to add more special effect and easy control. Following are the attributes of <marquee> tag:
- behavior (scroll, slide, alternate) defines the type of scrolling.
- bgcolor (rgb(x,x,x), #xxxxxx, colorname) defines the direction of scrolling the content.
- direction (up, down, left, right) defines the direction of scrolling the content.
- height (pixels or %) defines the height of marquee.
- hspace (pixels) specifies horizontal space around the marquee.
- loop (number) specifies how many times to loop. The default value is INFINITE, which means that the marquee loops endlessly.
- scrolldelay (seconds) defines how long to delay between each jump.
- scrollamount (number) defines how how far to jump.
- width (pixels or %) defines the width of marquee.
- vspace (pixels) specifies vertical space around the marquee.