- It is an Interpreted programming or script language from Netscape.
- The scripting languages are easier and faster to code.
- Its first appearance was in Netscape 2.0 in 1995 with the name 'LiveScript'.
- It is lightweight.
- It creates network-centric applications.
- It is platform independent.
- It validates form data.
- It reduces server load.
- It performs the operations very fast.
- It is simple to learn and implement.
- It is versatile.
- It doesn't have any multithreading or multiprocessor capabilities.
- It has security issues being a client-side scripting language.