Performance Parameters for Parallel Databases
Parameters for Parallel DatabasesSome parameters to judge the performance of Parallel Databases are:
1. Response time:
It is the time taken to complete a single task for given time.
2. Speed up in Parallel database:
3. Scale up in Parallel database:
- Speed up is the process of increasing degree of (resources) parallelism to complete a running task in less time.
- The time required for running task is inversely proportional to number of resources.
Speed up = TS / TL
TS = Time required to execute task of size Q
TL = Time required to execute task of size N*Q
- Linear speed-up is N (Number of resources).
- Speed-up is sub-linear if speed-up is less than N.
Scale-up is the ability to keep performance constant, when number of process and resources increases proportionally.
Let Q be the Task and QN
the task where N is greater than Q
= Execution time of task Q on smaller machine MS
= Execution time of task Q on smaller machine ML
Scale Up = TS /TL