Directions: Solve Questions 5-8, based on given information.
Arnab organized a seminar. He invited 3 female guests A, B and C. He also called 3 male guests P, Q and R. But by mistake he arranged 9 chairs in a single row and numbered them 1-9 from left to right.
1) None of the females are sitting next to each other
2) A and B are not sitting next to any other guests
3) C is next to Q and R
4) B, P and R are not at the end of the row
5) P is sitting next to a chair at the end of the row
6) There is only one vacant chair between B and R
5. How many guests are sitting next to an empty chair?
Answer: d. 4
6. Which statement is not necessary and is redundant?
a. Only 1
b. Only 2 and 3
c. Only 6
d. Only 5
Answer: a. Only 1
It can be derived from other statements
7. If P sits on chair number 8, C sits in
a. Chair 5
b. Chair 7
c. Chair 6
d. Chair 3
Answer: c. Chair 6
8. If P sits on chair 2, then R sits in chair
a. 3 or 5
Answer: a. 3 or 5
Position of R and Q are interchangeable in both the above cases