Cyber Security Interview Questions and Answers
Cyber Security Interview QuestionsThese Cyber Security questions have been designed for various interviews, competitive exams and entrance tests. We have covered questions on both basic and advanced concepts which will help you improve your skills to face interview questions on Cyber Security.
Who is this Cyber Security interview questions designed for?All the network engineers, security analyst, network security engineers, cyber security engineers, network administrator, network specialist etc. will find these questions extremely useful. All freshers, BCA, BE, BTech, MCA and college students wanting to make a career in Networking will be highly benefited by these questions.
Cyber Security interview questions topicsThis section covers Cyber Security topics like - Encryption, Firewall, MITM attack, IPS and IDS, HTTPS, SSL, TLS, phishing, Cognitive Cybersecurity etc.
1. What is Cyber Security?Cyber Security is nothing but the protection of data on computer systems from unauthorized access and other attacks. It mainly protects networks, programs and computers from the attacks.
2. What is Encryption and what is its use?Encryption is widely used in an organization to secure their data by converting the data of file into an unreadable format and thereby protecting the data from attack.
3. What is Firewall and why it is used?Firewall is a security system to protect the computers from unauthorized access. It monitors network traffic and allows or blocks unauthorized access.
4. Can Identity theft be prevented?Yes, we can prevent by using the unique username and password. While online shopping, we should use only trusted or secured websites. Using latest and secured web browsers ensures better security and always use the computer which is protected with anti-virus tools.
5. What is CSRF? CSRF stands for Cross-site request forgery which refers to the vulnerability in the application to the extent that attackers can exploit it.
6. What is DDoS attacks?DDoS stands for distributed denial of service. It is a malicious attempt to disrupt normal traffic by flooding the bandwidth or resources of a targeted system. A DDoS is a cyberattack on a server, service, website, or network floods it with Internet traffic.
A DDoS attack is like a traffic jam clogging up with highway, preventing regular traffic from arriving at its desired destination.
7. What is MITM attack and how to prevent it?MITM stands for Man in the Middle. It occurs when an outside attacker jumps between when two systems are interacting with each other. Here, the attacker secretly relays or alters the communication between two parties who believe they are directly communicating with each other.
This can happen in any form of online communication, such as email, social media, web surfing, etc.
These attacks can be prevented by using public key encryption while sending the data or set the email as secured if it contains any confidential information like bank account and passwords. Using open networks makes vulnerable to such attacks, use SSL and TLS instead.
8. What is IPS and IDS?IPS, Intrusion Prevention System, helps in detecting the intrusion and taking action to prevent it from the intrusion. IDS, Intrusion detection system helps in detection of an intrusion and let administrator of the system to take decision for assessment and evaluation.
Both IDS and IPS compare network packets to a cyber threat database containing known signatures of cyber attacks and flag any matching packets.
IDS is a monitoring system and doesn’t alter the network packets in any way. IPS is a control system, it proactively deny network traffic if the packet represents a known security threat.