Politics is often synonymous with power and corruption. World terrorism is also a result of power politics, conquest, and religion became the propaganda that helped them translate the evil diabolical plans into good cause. That is what happens everywhere. It has been happening since the start of time and continues to plague human life.
Here we get you some interesting facts, quotes, arguments on Politics in colleges etc. to help you with Group Discussion on Politics
. Also provided is a possible list of GD Topics related to Politics.
Some facts about Politics:
- India is the world’s largest democracy with more than 700 million registered voters. The system of democracy was introduced 2500 years ago in Athens, Greece.
- The youngest active system of governance is communism, which was introduced in 1848 by Friedrich Engels and Karl Marx.
- Victoria Woodhull (1838-1927) was the first woman to run for office of US President. She and her sister were the first women to run a Wall Street brokerage (1870).
- The salaries of CMs in India vary a lot. CM of Punjab, Prakash Singh Badal is the highest paid CM as he draws a monthly salary of 1 lakh followed by Bihar CM Nitish Kumar who gets 99,500 per month.
- The foreign Minister of India, Sushma Swaraj who recently underwent a kidney transplant was offered Kidney by many. The loved politician is the world's most followed politician on Twitter.
- Congress President Sonia Gandhi is the world's 12th richest political leader having a net worth of more than 2 billion dollar which makes her richer than Queen Elizabeth and Sultan of Oman.
Possible group discussion topics on Politics:
1. Authoritarian or democratic - does it make any difference?
2. Politics is for monetary gain of politicians.
3. Is climate change consensus a political agenda?
4. Barack Obama or Donald Trump - who is a better President?
5. EVM tampering is an end of democracy in India.
6. Russian hackers were the reason Trump won.
7. Do you believe that Trump will have a fix for America’s issues?
8. Corruption is a part of politics irrespective of BJP or Congress.
9. Kerjriwal is a better leader than any present politician.
10. Has the economy benefited from demonetisation?
11. Politics in India is a battle where common people are slaughtered.
12. Politics is all about false promises and accusing the other party.
13. Politics is all blame game and no work.
14. Should youth be involved in politics?
15. Politics in colleges should be banned.
Some quotes that can be used in the Group Discussion on Politics:"Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it."
- Mark Twain
"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
"Man is by nature a political animal."
For politics in colleges:1. Awareness:
Youth are more politically aware than they were years back. They act on their own judgment irrespective of what politicians preach.
It helps in finding their own opinion in matters than were thought to be of no use to youth.
3. For future:
It prepares them for future entry into politics. They are bound to be better politicians than the present lot.
4. Freedom of expression:
To protest or support, they have the right to rant their opinion.
Against politics in colleges:1. Violence:
Youth resort of violent protests more often. Exhibit A: JNU.
2. Blame game:
It all gets down to blaming each other and involving in harsh criticism.
They are biased towards the party that pulls their strings.
4. Easily manipulated:
It is easier to move their minds to act upon something in a wrong way.
For better or worse, politics will rule unless people start judging politicians on his work rather than his speeches and taunts against the other parties.