Social media and Facebook have become synonymous. People of all age, community, location and ethnicity are glued to it without wanting to blink their eyes off. Facebook started the era of social media platform but it sure has some glitches down the path.
Here are some facts and quotes to help you answer Group discussion Topics on Facebook and Social media
. Also covered is a list of possible GD topics related to Facebook and Social Media that you can expect to meet.
Some facts about Facebook and Social Media:
- It is estimated that worldwide there are over 2.07 billion monthly active Facebook users in 2017 which is a 16 percent increase.
- There are 1.15 billion mobile daily active users which show that most of the users are active on Facebook via phones.
- Facebook's like and share buttons are viewed on 10 million websites on a daily basis.
- Age 25 to 35 is the phase when people are active on Facebook for most part of their day.
- 76% of all the women are on Facebook while 66% of all the men are on Facebook.
- In every second, at least five new Facebook profiles are created worldwide.
- Highest traffic on Facebook is recorded between 1 pm to 3 pm. There is a 18% increase in traffic on weekends.
- 83 million fake profiles exist on this social media platform.
- About 300 million photos are uploaded every day.
- 50% of the users are of the habit of checking into Facebook as soon as they wake up.
Possible Group discussion Topics on Facebook:
1. Facebook - a boon or a bane?
2. Facebook has not brought people closer but made them more aloof.
3. Facebook is responsible for youth wasting time and being unproductive.
4. Trolling and abusing on Facebook has become the new normal.
5. People post pictures on Facebook looking for validation.
6. Facebook has made people narcissist.
7. Facebook and mental health issues.
8. Fake accounts should be tracked and blocked.
9. Early teenagers should not be introduced to Facebook.
10. Facebook free basics - For or Against.
11. Facebook is important for business marketing.
12. Facebook accepts that social media can leave people feeling crummy.
13. Stalking on Facebook can have serious consequences.
14. Under-16 should require parental permission before using Facebook.
15. How to land a job at Facebook?
Some quotes that can be used in the Group discussion on Facebook:"Think about what people are doing on Facebook today. They're keeping up with their friends and family, but they're also building an image and identity for themselves, which in a sense is their brand. They're connecting with the audience that they want to connect to. It's almost a disadvantage if you're not on it now."
- Mark Zuckerberg
Pros of Facebook and Social Media:1. Connected:
Facebook has helped bridge the gap between generations, region, religion, ethnicity, countries and families.
For a start up or even a well established business, marketing on Facebook gets the most attention than any other platform.
What brings you happiness should be shared with everyone, with the intention that someone else can also benefit from it.
It is an excellent platform to bring awareness to people about social causes and anti-social elements and how to tackle them.
Being able to open up about your feelings and opinion eases the burden that loneliness can bring.
The fun way to stay updated with what's happening in and around the world as well as in the lives of your friends and family!
Cons of Facebook and Social Media:1. Addiction:
It is a serious issue when someone cannot blink off of their screen and stays logged in for hours together scrolling through news feeds and timelines.
2. Time wasting:
You might unintentionally be wasting a lot more time that you would want to on Facebook and other social media platform.
Both celebrities as well as common people have been made victim of trolling on Facebook.
Exes stalking each other and their activities after a bad breakup has negative implications.
5. Virtual world:
The young generation is so into the virtual world that they sometimes tend to ignore the real world happening around them.
When you are checking into Facebook to announce the name of the hotel you checked into in a new location, you are putting your privacy at risk.
Facebook might have been the biggest invention of its time but responsible usage should be practiced in order to stay mentally sound and not get caught into envy and narcissism.
We hope that this GD guide on Facebook
helps you in dealing with topics related to Social Media that you can expect to see at your entrance exams and placements.