Mobile phones have become such an integral part of our lives that we cannot imagine a day without them. They have replaced not just a lot of old gadgets, but also outdoor sports, relationships, and books. Using the cell phone sensibly has remained just an old school dialogue.
Below are some interesting facts, quotes, arguments in favour of and against Mobile Phone you can use in your Group Discussion on Mobile Phones. Also provided is a list of GD topics on Mobile Phones
, you can expect to see in various selection processes.
Some facts about Mobile Phones:
- Overexposure to mobile phones is known to cause insomnia, confusion and headaches. Experts have also identified conditions like ringxiety, nomophobia, telephonophobia and frigensophobia related to mobile phone usage.
- Your mobile phone may have 18 percent more bacteria than a toilet seat cover. Sanitise your phones!
- In U.S. the mobile phone towers and antennas are often disguised into telephone poles, clock faces, church roofs, plastic trees, etc.
- China manufactures 80% of all the mobile phones.
- Mobile phone users are known to spend most of their time on games and social networking.
- At the moment, iPhone 5 Black Diamond is the most ridiculously expensive phone in the world, which costs $15 million, took nine weeks to build and is made of 135 gram solid gold of 24 carat with chassis inlaid with 600 white diamonds.
Group discussion topics on Mobile Phones, you can expect to see:
1. Irresponsible usage of mobile phones has surpassed its advantages.
2. Children should not be given mobile phones.
3. Secondary and high school students should have limited access to mobile phones.
4. Are we blind to the negative effects of radiation caused by mobile phones?
5. Cell phone towers on residential buildings are a hazard to life.
6. Can you spend a day sans your smartphone?
7. Android versus iOS - which is better and why?
8. Net neutrality - Pros and Cons.
9. Mobile phones is a waste of time.
10. How to deal with smartphone addiction?
11. What is the right age to give a child his personal mobile phone?
12. Smartphones lead to depression and mental health issues.
13. Are smartphones making your child smarter or dumber?
14. Should smartphones be allowed at schools?
15. Are smartphones having an ill-effect on personal relations?
Some quotes that can be used in the Group Discussion on Mobile Phones"Cell phones are so convenient that they're an inconvenience."
- Haruki Murakami
"A smartphone is an addictive device which traps a soul into a lifeless planet full of lives"
- Munia Khan
Pros of Smart Phones:1. Ease of information and knowledge:
Quenching the thirst for knowledge has to be the most important advantage of smartphones.
2. Staying connected:
You can be connected to friends and family even when work takes a toll on personal life.
3. For help:
This has to be the most important function of smartphones. There are easy ways to track locations, call for help, record important evidences and stop crime.
You can learn a lot of new creative things and try them on your own and be relived from boredom or monotony.
Cons of Smart Phones:1. Work life balance:
You could eternally be stuck at work even after office hours or be constantly distracted by personal calls at work. Either way it is disrupting the balance.
2. Stressing eyesight:
Most people are staring at their screens before falling asleep in the dark of night. This can lead to partial blindness.
Due to so many attractive apps and videos on the go we tend to ignore or postpone important tasks quite often.
4. Compromising privacy:
Easy to hack android phones with internet banking is leading to a rise in cyber crime on a daily basis.
Mobile phones are important, there is no denying that but prioritising tasks is important for else we end up wasting time and obsessing about unimportant things.
We hope that this GD guide on Mobile phones
is useful to you for the preparation for your entrance exams and placement processes.