Learn and practice the chapter "Percentage" with these solved Aptitude Questions and Answers. Each question in the topic is accompanied by a clear and easy explanation, diagrams, formulae, shortcuts and tricks that help in understanding the concept.
Use of Percentage Questions
The questions and examples given in this section will be useful to all the freshers, college students and engineering students preparing for placement tests or any competitive exam like MBA, CAT, MAT, SNAP, MHCET, XAT, NMAT, GATE, Bank exams - IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSB, SSC, UPSC etc.
Practice with this online test to crack your placements and entrance tests!
1. Raj has to pay 56% of the money in his wallet to milkman. He pays Rs 182/- to the milkman. How much money does he have in the wallet?
a. Rs 325/-
b. Rs 330/-
c. Rs 350/-
d. Rs 364/-
Answer: a. Rs 325/-
Let the money in his pocket be X.
56% of X means
* X = Rs 182/-
182 x 100
= Rs 325/-
2. Out of the 336 Kg load that arrived by train, Ramesh got 42kg delivered to his warehouse. What percentage of load did he get delivered?
Answer: b. 12.5%
We have to find what percentage of 336 kg is 42 kg?
We just need to divide them and multiply by 100 to get per cent
'of 336kg' implies 336 should be the denominator
x 100 = 12.5%
1st quantity which is to be expressed in %
2nd quantity (in respect to which we need to find per cent)
3. A teacher says, 15% of first number is equal to 21% of the second number. So, 18% of first number will be what percent of second number?
Answer: d. 25.2%
Let the two numbers be Y and Z, such that
15% of Y = 21% of Z
Then, 18% of Y = ? % of Z
15% of Y = 21% Z
18% of Y = ? % of Z
∴ 15 x ? = 21 x 18
∴ ? =
21 x 18
So answer is 25.2% of Z
4. Discussing about grocery rates with her husband, a wife says, Rice is 30% cheaper than wheat. Now, find out how much per cent is the price of wheat more than that of rice?
Answer: c. 42.85%
Suppose, 1 Kg Wheat = Rs. 100
So, 1 Kg Rice will be Rs. 100 - (30% of 100) = 100 - 30 = Rs. 70 Now, how would we express wheat as a percentage of Rice?
x 100 = 142.85%
So, wheat is 142.85% of Rice => It is (142.85 - 100) = 42.85% more than that of Rice.
5. Juice is 15% costlier than water. By what percentage is the price of water lower than that of juice?
Answer: d. 13.05%
Suppose, 1 litre water = Rs. 100
So, 1 litre juice will be Rs. 100 + (15% of 100) = 100 + 15 = Rs. 115 Now, how would we express water as a percentage of juice?
x 100 = 86.95%
So, water is 86.95% of milk => It is (86.95 - 100) = 13.05% less than that of juice.