PPC Interview Questions and Answers
PPC Interview Questions and AnswersThis section covers commonly asked and expert level PPC Interview questions and answers. The types of questions covered are knowledge based, conceptual, situational and experience based. You can also find interesting examples with the questions, as required.
Who are these PPC Interview Questions useful for?Conceptual questions will be very useful for all the professionals including graduates, MBA freshers, beginners and junior level professionals.
Experienced professionals appearing to interview for the positions like PPC analyst, PPC executive, PPC campaign manager, PPC and SEO expert etc. will be highly benefited by the experience based, strategic and planning related questions.
PPC interview questions topicsThe section covers conceptual and practical questions on topics like - Types of PPC, Keywords match types, Quality score, Managing a successful PPC campaign, Creating an effect Keywords list, Measuring the results, Invalid Clicks, Negative keywords, Controlling the cost, Deciding the right platform, Branded keywords etc.
1. Explain the term Pay Per Click? Answer:
Pay Per Click is also known as Cost Per Click. In this type of advertising the advertiser pays to the owner of the website when someone clicks on the advertisement.
It’s a technique used to direct the traffic to the website.
2. What are the types of PPC? Answer:
There two types of PPC:
i. Flat Rate PPC
– When advertiser and publisher agree upon a flat rate for the click
ii. Bid Based PPC
– Cost depends upon the demand of the term at the time of search
3. What are the different keyword match types? Answer:
Following are the different keyword match types:
i. Exact Match
– When visitors search with the same keyword or a very close variant, it is called exact match. The CTR is highest with exact match.
ii. Phrase Match
– Shows the ad only when the search carries the exact phrase from the keyword or a very close variation.
iii. Broad Match
– With broad match your ads show up automatically with relevant variations of your keywords. It is the default match type assigned with your keywords until you specify anything otherwise.
iv. Negative Match
– List of keywords for which your ad doesn’t show up.
4. What are the advantages of using broad match? Answer:
Broad match is the default match type assigned with your keywords.
The two important advantages of this match type are:
i. It saves keyword list building time.
ii. It saves your money by spending it on keywords that work. The system takes care of this automatically.
5. What is Quality Score? Answer:
i. Quality score estimates the quality of ads, keywords and landing pages, you are using. Higher the quality score, lower will be the cost and better will be the Ad rank.
ii. It is measured on a scale of 1-10.
6. Have you developed and implemented a successful PPC campaign? Tell us something about it. Answer:
This question will be asked to the experienced candidates.
If you have developed and implemented a successful PPC campaign in your last role, you should talk about
i. The goal of the campaign
ii. The keywords you used
iii. Your strategy for this campaign
iv. What was the result?
v. How did you achieve the result?
If you did not run the entire campaign by yourself but you were a part of a campaign explain the role you played. In this case, also mention about the things that you observed your team mates doing and what were your learnings.
Talking in terms of numbers makes your answer more effective so include them wherever possible.