Sentence Completion - Verbal Ability Questions Part 2
Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank and make a meaningful sentence.
7. The thief had managed to _____ on many occasions, but was finally _____ by the police and put behind the bars.
a. cheat, robbed
b. abscond, kidnapped
c. deceive, cheated
d. defend, acquitted
e. escape, arrested
8. Rajesh, two of _____ brothers play cricket, wishes to be a coach after his retirement.
Answer: e. escape, arrested
9. The _____ effect of suitably chosen books on children's minds should not be under estimated.
10. The signals are _____ through the tower.
11. The wrong values we impart to our children at home are solely to be blamed for the moral _______ of the society.
12. Even a _____ glance will let you catch the mistake.