Social Media Marketing is one medium of promotion that no business can afford to ignore today. This calls for an increased number of positions for Social Media Marketing Professionals in the corporate world.
This section covers Social Media Interview questions and answers on conceptual, behavioural, situational and other experience based topics. You can also find interesting examples with the questions, as required.
Who are these Social Media Interview Questions useful for?
Conceptual and general questions on Social Media Marketing will be very useful for graduates, MBA freshers, beginners and junior level professionals interviewing for Social Media Executive position.
Professionals appearing for Social Media Manager position will be highly benefited by the experience based, strategy and planning related questions.
1. What is Social Media Marketing?
Social Media Marketing is a branch of marketing, where one uses computer mediated technology to promote a product or service.
Social Media marketing helps to reach a large target audience and enables companies to track their progress with different data analytics tools.
Video : Social Media Marketing Interview Questions and Answers
2. Why is Social Media Marketing important in this age?
This is the age of computers and Internet. The world is moving more and more towards virtual communication and Social Media is playing a key role in that. The time that people are spending on Social Media is increasing every day.
Social Media Marketing helps in grabbing the attention of potential customers even when they are away from their traditional media like TV, Radio etc.
It helps to build and affirm a brand.
It makes it easy to communicate with the larger audience and potential customers.
Social Media is about Relationship building. So, Social Media Marketing increases the brand's visibility while building relationships.
The marketing to Social Media users can be quite targeted with the available demographic details of the users.
The investment for using social media marketing would be your time, as all the major platforms have no sign up fee.
3. Social Media Marketing is a new initiative for us. How would you ensure that it is successful?
A strategy is very important in social media marketing which helps your business analyze and evaluate its growth. Here are a few things a Social Media Manager should begin with:
i. Check current social presence: Networks the company is currently active on, to what extent are they utilized, how is your profile vis a vis that of competitors' profile etc.
ii. Identify the customers: Understand your customer well so that the service and brand fit him/her. Keep in mind factors like age, location, income, etc.
iii. Build key success metrics to monitor: Check the conversion rate, brand mentions, shares, time spent on website, etc. to know if the social media efforts are successful.
iv. Create engaging content: Consider what topics you will write on and how often will you post your content. You can use a content calendar to help you post engaging content on timely basis.
v. Make use of a social media management tool: The biggest advantage of having a management tool is that it allows scheduled post ahead of time. You can also decide the correct time when your post can be most effective.
vi. Track and analyze the result: A strategy cannot be constant. You'll have to keep changing it, as required. Track and evaluate each step and see how and what works and what does not.
4. What do you think are the key things a Social Media Manager does in his role?
There are quite a few high impact tasks that a Social Media Manager performs in his role like: Strategizing, Getting Engaging Content, Scheduling the publication and monitoring & Budgeting.
This question is to see if you are aware of the expectations from you in this role.
1. Strategy Planning: The social media manager has to focus on brand awareness, engagement, traffic, and signups, etc. The manager's goal should be aligned with the overall company goals. Hence there is a need to strategize.
2. Creating Engaging Content: The manager's role is not just to create content but to create content which keeps the audience engaged. He /She needs to create/ get created all sorts of content from blogs to GIFS to videos and more. There will be more followers and hence they will help spread the word of your product or service.
3. Scheduling: We see that certain posts do well in the morning, or in the evening or on weekends. This shows that the manager has to plan and work on scheduling his posts well in advance. This makes a lot of difference to the brand. The choice of Social Media Platform can be such that it allows you to post even when you are not online.
4. Budgeting: Budgeting knowledge is very important. There would be an allocated budget to work with as you would have to pay for paid advertisement as well as social media management tools, designs, images, etc.