Software design model elements
Following are the types of design elements:
1. Data design elements
2. Architectural design elements
- The data design element produced a model of data that represent a high level of abstraction.
- This model is then more refined into more implementation specific representation which is processed by the computer based system.
- The structure of data is the most important part of the software design.
The architecture model is derived from following sources:
- The architecture design elements provides us overall view of the system.
- The architectural design element is generally represented as a set of interconnected subsystem that are derived from analysis packages in the requirement model.
3. Interface design elements
- The information about the application domain to built the software.
- Requirement model elements like data flow diagram or analysis classes, relationship and collaboration between them.
- The architectural style and pattern as per availability.
Following are the important elements of the interface design:
- The interface design elements for software represents the information flow within it and out of the system.
- They communicate between the components defined as part of architecture.
1. The user interface
2. The external interface to the other systems, networks etc.
3. The internal interface between various components.
4. Component level diagram elements
5. Deployment level design elements
- The component level design for software is similar to the set of detailed specification of each room in a house.
- The component level design for the software completely describes the internal details of the each software component.
- The processing of data structure occurs in a component and an interface which allows all the component operations.
- In a context of object-oriented software engineering, a component shown in a UML diagram.
- The UML diagram is used to represent the processing logic.
- The deployment level design element shows the software functionality and subsystem that allocated in the physical computing environment which support the software.
- Following figure shows three computing environment as shown. These are the personal computer, the CPI server and the Control panel.