Active Directory Interview Questions and Answers
Active Directory Interview QuestionsThese Active Directory questions have been designed for various interviews, competitive exams and entrance tests. We have covered questions on both basic and advanced concepts which will help you improve your skills to face interview questions on Active Directory.
Who are these Active Directory interview questions designed for?All the network engineers, network security engineers, cyber security engineers, network administrator, network specialist etc. will find these questions extremely useful. All freshers, BCA, BE, BTech, MCA and college students wanting to make a career in Networking will be highly benefited by these questions.
Active Directory interview questions topicsThis section covers Active Directory topics like - Active Directory Objects, Forest, Active Directory Domain, Kerberos, Active Directory Schema, domain controller etc.
1. What is an Active Directory?An active directory is a directory structure that is used on Microsoft Windows based servers and computers for storing data and information about networks and domains.
Active Directory has information about all the objects such as users, computers, resources like Printers, shared files in an organization’s network. It is like a telephone directory. It is software to arrange and store information. Active Directory service provides access and permissions based on that information.
It arranges all the network's users, computers and other objects into logical and hierarchical groupings.
2. What are the Active Directory Objects?Active Directory Objects refer to physical entities of a network. There can be many objects such as Forest, Domain, User, Group, Contact, Computer, Shared Folder, Printer, Site, Subnet. These objects are explained by their attributes like Name, Location, Departments etc.
3. Explain Forest.A group of Active Directory trees is known as a forest.
An Active Directory forest is the top most logical container in an Active Directory configuration that contains domains, users, computers, and group policies.
4. What is Active Directory Domain?It is a logical grouping of objects. You can also call it an administrative boundary for objects. You can have unlimited number of objects in a domain and objects need not be in a same physical location. If a user has access to a domain, he can logon from anywhere and any computer in that domain.
The permission, policies and rights can be set for all the objects at the domain level or at the individual object level as well.
5. Why should we use Active Directory?We use Active Directory because of following reasons:
Using Active Directory, it is possible to have layered security with policies and permissions for security at different levels.
We can have objects located anywhere physically yet access the domain resources securely.
With AD, we can add millions of users to a single domain.
It offers centralized storage for users, departments which makes backup and restore efficient, fast and easy.